Sunday, October 10, 2010

Spud Man Triathlon


I can't belive I am finally bloging this, two months later. This year a bunch of my Baird family decided to do the spud man triathlon together. It was fun getting to train a little bit with my Dad. He would come up to Mountain Green and we would take our bike's out. I really enjoyed all the time we had together.



Uncle Russ finished in 2:59


Jermy finished in 3:02 and Laurie did the bike portion of a relay.


Aunt Angie finished in 2:55


Uncle Brad finished in 2:14

I finished in 2:39 (18th in my age group) When I saw my time I thought,"I think I can do better".
I loved the swim! It was so much fun swimming down the river.
The bike rocked, but I took it easy in fear of being dead by the run.
The run was hot. Mile four I wanted to be done so bad. The last 1/2 mile I new I was close so I ran as fast as I could. I can't wait to do it again :)

Matt was amazing!! When is he not? He camped out with the kids the night before the race and I slept at my aunt Monica's house. He is such a trooper. Thank goodness he had Kali to help him. After I finished the race I saw Matt and cried. I thought to my self, " Why am I crying?" I think when I saw Matt I felt all the love and support he had given me in training and doing the tri. I was pretty much an emotional reck after that. I was anxious to find my Dad and hear how he did. I was really worried about him because he had pulled his calf muscle shortly before the race. As soon as I found him I cried so more. I was relived to find he did awesome and had a good time.

Seth finished in 3:05(with no training behind him. Ahh, to be youthful.)
Dad finished in 2:59
I was so proud of both my Dad and Seth for doing this with me.



My support group giving me some water on the run. I loved getting to see them. I wanted to just stop running and hang out with them. I was kinda missing my kids.


I got to see Matt, Kali, Payton and the kids on the bike and on the run. It is amazing what a loving face and some cheering does for me.


Payton and Walt


Kali and Hyrum


I think Walt just ate Cheetos the whole time we were in Idaho.


After the triatholon, we went boating on the snake river. Lona and Denis have a house right on the river.


Kali somehow got Hyrum to get in the water. He didn't even cry, I think he had a lot of fun with his aunt Kali.


Jane in the boat.


Eli on the boogie board.


Me, Walt, Mom, Eli, Matt and Hyrum at Lona and Denis's house. Enjoying the view.


My five siblings and Payton. I LOVE when we all get to be together. We always have such a good time. I am so grateful for my friendship with all of them.


My sweet sistahs!


2 comments:

  1. You are seriously awesome Nicole!!! and I love how fun and supportive all of your family is! Way to go...you are my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great trip! So glad everything worked out to make it so awesome (except for that extra hot run!). What to go on the tri!

    ReplyDelete