Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Have Been "SPARKED"


Oops, I put the photo's in a weird order. Spark was held in Linden Utah at Noah's.


Totally new to me... Felting. I learned how to make wool into felt. I was excited that this seamed like something I could do with my kids. I brought some extra home and Hyrum has already mad it into beads.



I had the privelige of attending Spark this fall. I went with my Mom and my good friend Melissa. Three very talented woman put together this amazing retreat all about nurturing your creative soul.


All the decor was awesome. I loved beeing sourounded by so much cutness. not just any cuteness. Cuteness that I absolutly adored.


All the table centerpieces were different but all used old fun things. the last day they put a photo of us in a jar and put them around on the tables. We were to find our jar, step out of our comfort zones and make some new friends. I was a bit nervous about this but it ended up being really fun. I wish I could take credit for this photo, but I didn't take it. I snagged it off of Liz Kartchners blog. It was kinda fun to see my photo in one of the jars.


My Mom and Melissa are both people who have influenced my creativity greatly. It was such a treat to be there with them. "At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a SPARK from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lightened the flame within us" Albert Schweitsner



The cute gal in the middle here is Margie. She was such a hoot. She taught a class using lampshades.



My favorite class.... We made clips. That was right up my ally.

The class I learned the most in..... That would be a toss up between digital design and photography. The best thing about both of the classes was I left with the feeling of, "I CAN do this."


How fun are photo booth's? I remember having my mom take me to K-Mart with my friends, to get photos at the photo booth. K-Mart and Lagoon were the only place that still had them. Just like polaroid photos, I think they should come back.



2 comments:

  1. I vote for photo-booths to make a come back too. What a fun weekend! Glad I got to share it with you & your Mom. You are both amazing, creative & sweet women. And yes, I felt the same way about photography & photoshop :) Something *Sparked* inside me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I just say, Thank you again and again for taking me with you to Spark! What a dream for me to get to spend a weekend with you doing nothing but fun, creative girl stuff! You are, and always have been so fun for me to do things with. I love you with all my heart. How lucky am I to call you "My Daughter, My Friend"!

    ReplyDelete