Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2010 State Record Pumpkin


This was one exciting day!! I was feeling kinda worked up waiting for the pumpkin to be weighed. Matt seemed to be holding it together okay. He had a long week working up to the weigh off. I don't think he had much sleep. It was really exciting when the weight was announced. His pumpkin weighed in at 1169 lbs. he had beet the old state record of 1104 lbs. Next they weighed the pumpkin that was measuring bigger than his, it came in just under 1100 lbs. When I heard the other pumpkins weight called I wanted to run and jump on Matt. I was so excited! I pushed my feelings back inside me so I wouldn't make a fool of myself. Matt looked like, well he just looked amazing. He had that look in his eye that I love. When he allows himself to feel deep feelings he look's like that. He had accomplished what he said he was going to do, what he wanted to do. One of my favorite things about Matt is when he put's him mind to something, he does it!! He gives it his all. All his hard work and effort paid off big time.


I am always going to love remembering this day. When his weight was announced I wanted to cry my eyes out. I walked over to my Dad and Angie. They were tearing up too. Ang said, "I can't believe we are crying over a pumpkin." We laughed. It sounds funny to cry over a pumpkin, but really we cried because we know how hard Matt worked on this pumpkin, how much he wanted to reach his goal. To watch him succeed was really a very touching moment. That moment for me was even grater than when it was announced he won.

The victory bath of ice water


The kids think the trophy is one of the coolest things they have ever seen.


Channel 2 and channel 5 were there interviewing him again. I am now married to a celebrity! I am not sure how I feel about that.


Matt and Tyler. Best pumpkin growers in the state of Utah if you ask me.





While we were waiting for Matt's turn to be weighed we played at Thanksgiving Point.

They have a great little petting zoo there. The kids minus Hyrum loved ridding the ponies.


I think Walt loved it the most. He had a hard time waiting in line for his turn. He is such an animal lover.

2 comments:

  1. SO cute! I loved the picture of Walt at the end. And yes I will admit that I cried when I read this post.... But what else is to be expected. Matt is amazing! You sure found yourself a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fantastic! I haven't checked your blog for several days so I was thrilled to hear Matt won! Yippee!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete