Monday, September 6, 2010

First Day of School, Take two


Hyrum and Eli started school last week. Hyrum was really excited because he got to have go to a dinosaur camp that his pre-school put on this summer. When I told him school was starting he said, "My dino camp school?". Hooray for dino camp! He did great.



I think Hyrum looks so grown up in this photo. I am not so sure how I feel about this. Good thing pre-school is only two hours long. I was laying by Hyrum the other night. He likes to sing me songs that he makes up. I told him only one more song because I was starting to fall asleep. He said "don't do that. You are to huge and I am just a little fella. Who would carry you up the stairs?" Oh my sweet Hyrum, I hope your cute little voice will be locked in my memory forever!


Would you look at these two pea's in a pod. Harrison and Eli. They are pretty much inseparable. They were so excited to be ridding the bus this year. They are in Mrs. Lakes afternoon class.


Eli has so much enthusiasm for life. It is refreshing as well as exhausting, if that is even possible. Eli was so excited for school. He came up into our room at 5:00 a.m. dressed and ready for the day. "When is the bus coming?" He was quite disappointed to hear not until after lunch. Thankfully he went back to sleep on our floor. This excitement is such a change from his first day of pre-school. While I was walking him into his pre-school class he cried and said with his head thrown back in the air, "why are you doing this to me?" This time around I found myself clinging to him asking for one more hug and almost shedding a tear. Why is kindergarten the hardest?

No comments:

Post a Comment