Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day 2010


I have had a fantastic day. I have spent some time today reflecting on my childhood, my mother, my mother in-law and my children. My heart is so full of joy and gratitude. Truly, I know that I am very blessed. I am so thankful for my Mother and Mother in-law, for there example to me. I have learned and continue to learn how to teach, lead and love my own children. My children bring me so much joy. I am so grateful for each of them. They have all been especially wonderful today. I spent time watching a movie with them, playing outside with them, wrapping gifts and making cards for grandmas with them and telling stories. Matt has been an absolute gem. Letting me take a nap, changing stinky dippers, doing all the dishes and making me feel so loved and appreciated. Thank's Matt for being so good to me and teaching our children how to treat their mother.

Jane made me the sweetest book for mother's day. In the book she said things she thinks of me. One thing she said was, "I think my mom hopes that when I grow up I will be a good mom."

Jane is always so caring and helpful. She told me once when I was expecting Walt, "Is it just so much much to be a mom? I am so excited to be a mom."

I love that she knows that I love being a mom and that that helps her to be excited to be a mother some day.

No comments:

Post a Comment