Sunday, April 11, 2010

Happy Birthday Dino Boy


Hyrum turned three on April 9th. He is my little dino boy. I am not sure how long this obsession with dinosaurs is going to last. For now I will just keep feeding it because I love the way it makes his face light up. This year for his birthday he wanted a dinosaur party just like last year. We had a really fun day. I got to spend some time in the morning with Hyrum while Jane and Eli were at school and Walt was napping. Hyrum has such a fun personality. He is very smart and one of my most favorite people to have conversations with.


Hyrum's favorite neighbor's, the Quigley's gave him this balloon. Notice the dino shirt he picked out at the store.


Hyrum got a dinosaur leapster game from us for his birthday. He love's playing leapster in our linen closet. He takes out the bucket of tub toys, climbs in and shuts the door. The bucket of tub toys in the hall lets me know where he is. I think he discovered no one bugs him or try's to take the leapster away when he is in here.


Of course we had to have a dinosaur pinata. Hyrum loved it. That thing was indestructible. All the kids hit it with a blindfold on, then again with out the blindfold. after no success, Matt hit it open. We also played with clay. We had some crystals and rocks to put in the clay. Hyrum and I thought this would be a really fun idea. It was a hit at the party, once the party was over however, I found Eli crying because he had one of the fake crystals stuck up his nose. We had to go to the insta-care to have it removed. Hyrum was pumped because he got to go to the park with the Quiglys. What would we do with out the Quigleys? When we got back we had Quigleys over for taco soup ("bean soup" was Hyrums request).



We had eight little kids come to the party. Mostly Eli's friend because that is who Hyrum always plays with, and a few kids from his church class. We did some dino art projects. Hyrum loves to color, cut and glue.


I love you my little dino boy. You make me so happy. I am so grateful to be your Mama. Happy third birthday. Love, your squishy face Mama. (That is what Hyrum calls me, because he loves to squish my face, I just love to hear him laugh)

2 comments:

  1. Ha Ha, cute Hyrum! Smart to find a hide away.
    Oh how I wish I had a photo journal like this from all you kids growing up. It is so great for sooooo many reasons.
    So glad you do it!
    I Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete