Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter


We have had a bit of a sugar overload day. I only got to listen to a few talks during general conference. Each child had a minimum of two major meltdowns. Needless to say I was feeling way ready for the kids to go to bed. As they were brushing there teeth I was thinking about what I had gotten from conference. Usually I feel lifted and ready to conquer the world. Today I was just tiered and cranky. I opened a gift from my mom. It was a book called The Easter Walk. I was excited to read it with the kids. After they were done brushing, we got cozy and read the book. It was very sweet and fun to talk with my kids about Easter. Not that we don't talk about it other times but it was a nice way to end today. They really liked the pictures. Hyrum was very tender and was sad for Jesus. The spirit in our home was nice. I then felt better about myself and the talks that I listened to today. I want to lead my kids. I love to lead them, teach them, love them unconditionally. I heard a quote the other day that said "the days of a mother are long and the years are short." Wow your telling me. I think next year there will be no candy in our house!
Happy Easter :)

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha (belly laugh!), let me know how the NO CANDY works out! Oh the day's when the only treat was a piece of hard tack and an orange.
    Sigh.....

    ReplyDelete