Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Happy Valentines Day


We have had a day full of thoughtfulness. I am so thankful for the awesome examples I have in my life. My sweet Mom always made me feel really special on Valentines by doing something thoughtful for me.  Now she still gives me a Valentine but she also sends the kids something in the mail.  Jane has saved away in her special box all the fun cards she has given her.  Tonight she watched the kids for us so Matt could cook me a fancy dinner.  The kids were really excited when they found out she had gotten them heart shaped pizza for dinner.  They made cup cakes and Valentine cards for Matt and I.

Matt's dinner was amazing.  I am so bummed I left my camera at Mom's house. The dinner was really beautiful and I could have eaten the pistachio pesto with a spoon it was so good.  Thanks Matt for working so hard, being so thoughtful and sharing your culinary talent with me!  Happy LOVE day!
First course
Bleu Cheese Crostini with a Balsamic Reduction
Second Course
Jicama Slaw with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Third Course
Carrot Apple GInger Soup
Fourth Course
Quail Stuffed with Pancetta, Butternut, and Leek Served with Pistachio Pesto
Fifth Course
Lemon Cupcakes(thanks to our neighbor Courtney who could see Matt running around the kitchen like a mad chef.  Thanks Courtney.)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Wow! That is impressive...I don't even know what half of those ingredients are! So happy you had a great Valentines Day.

    ReplyDelete