Thursday, February 10, 2011

Gratitude in my heart


I had a day today not to out of the ordinary for a mother of four young children....
-Tears and joyful/not so joyful moments over the piano and homework
-Flooded bathroom
-One child spitting on total strangers in the doctors office
-Several hours of eating therapy
-Triumphant moment when Walt tried corn for the first time
-Anger raging inside me when I found one child found a can of spray paint and decided to test it out on a few things in the basement. (thankfully no harm came to the child from the paint or myself)
-A sweet sincere apology for the paint incident
-The neighbors very large St. Bernard running through our house
-Almost chopping off my finger getting the pit out of an avocado (it's actually just a small cut, but I think I should be more careful)
-Kids found mud puddle
-Making Valentines Day box and Valentines with Jane
-Flooded bathroom again
-Over cooking fish for dinner while cleaning up water
-Dog letting large stinky toot in the middle of family prayer

After this whirlwind that is my life every day; tonight I find my self thanking my Father in Heaven for my sweet children Matt and my loved ones. But most of all for the feeling of gratitude in my heart.  I love that when things seem hard it doesn't go on forever.  I know tomorrow will most likely be fairly the same. Full of difficult moments and joyous ones. Thank heavens for the breaks.  The time's Matt, a friend or loved one is prompted to give me some time to myself or a feeling of gratitude is placed in my heart.

3 comments:

  1. great great post! That is exactly how I feel. Being a mother is the hardest, yet most rewarding calling I believe and I wouldn't have it any other way. And, yes, thank goodness for the breaks to re-energize and to be a better wife and mother. Love your blog and your beautiful kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was grateful for Hy yesterday, just when I needed a friend to talk to he came walking down the sidewalk :) It made me smile, love that kid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we have all been there! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete