Wednesday, November 17, 2010

What's for dinner?


I wish I could say I tried a new yummy recipe or made a fabulous dinner but I looked at the clock at 5:30 and realized I hadn't planed anything for dinner. Matt was gone tonight and I needed something fast, so I decided to make something that each kid liked.
Jane: rice with butter and salt
Eli: ham
Hyrum: Cheese sticks
Walt: yogurt
Me: Apples
Well this was quite the dinner. Not the most heathy dinner but there was not one single complaint or argument. Everyone ate all their food. We all laughed our heads off at Hyrum pulling stingy cheese from his mouth. It was Awesome. I don't remember the last time we had such a pleasant dinner together. So tomorrow I am making butternut squash bisque. I think my taste buds and tummy will be happier than tonight but I am not looking forward to a complaint or two. I used to think that a picky eater was raised. Maybe that is somewhat true, but I have one child who will eat anything and THREE others who are what I consider to be super picky. I make what I want most of the time. If they don't like it they can make their own dinner. I keep thinking some day they will get sick of p.b sandwiches and cheesy chips!

No comments:

Post a Comment