Monday, November 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Pumpkin King a.k.a Matt


One year older and wiser too! Today is Matt's birthday. We really had a wonderful day with Matt. The kids were so excited to give him there gifts and cards they made for him. We opened gifts, had breakfast together and Jane was off to school and Matt off to work. We had a few miss haps. Like, the cake getting knocked onto the floor, I ruined my salad with rotten dressing, mud tracked in on the carpet, a packet of oatmeal shaken all over the kitchen like a rag doll, broken dishes, and leaking garbage bags to name a few. Thankfully Quigley's and my Mom came to my rescue. Later tonight our parents, minus my Dad because he is out of town came up for dinner and cake. Well let's just say the new cake I made wasn't much better than the one that fell on the floor. Despite looking like a complete disaster it tasted good. One of my favorite things about matt is his positive attitude. I don't think he cared that the cake looked really bad if he did he didn't say anything. I love that at the end of a day when everything I touch seems to go, well not the way I planed, when I hit my knees at night, my heart is so full of gratitude. Today I am thankful for Matt. I am thankful for sweet friends and family who help me get back up and keep going. I am thankful for my eternal marriage to Matt. I am thankful for my bed and that tomorrow is a new day, another day to spend time with the people I love. Matt is such an inspiration to me. I am so thankful to have him in my life. Happy Birthday Matt, We love you!!

Jane's poem for Matt
Happy Birthday Dad! When you get home I feel glad. I love it when you tuck me in at night. You give me a kiss and hug me tight. Love, Jane

2 comments:

  1. The cake was scrumptious!! Thanks for sharing it with all of us. Love the McConkies! P.S. I am always glad when you call me to see if the boys can come over, {of coarse they can} I love the conversations I have with Hy, love that little kid!}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great birthday poem! Jane is such a doll! I am so grateful for Matt and what a wonderful husband and father he is. No one could be better!! Love you to death Matt!!

    ReplyDelete