Friday, August 20, 2010

Welcome to Leila Bird's Nest at Raspberry Days

I think I am going to have to do this post in a series. I have a lot of photos. So here we go, chapter one.
The Booth



We got everything set up early thursday morning. I once again, don't know what I would do with out my Mom and Kali. They are both such hard workers. They helped me set everything up. Not only that, They ran errands, picked up things I forgot, worked the booth, gave me moral support and were tons of fun to be with!!!


I loved that my turquoise chairs and mettle porch table worked out perfect for the booth.


This was one of the trees I had some of my necklaces hanging on.

Some of the platters.

A shot of the booth from the entrance. One of my favorite things about the booth was my window pain sign. It is kinda hard to see in this photo, but it made me happy every time I saw it. I happened upon it in a little antique store in Layton. It was already painted the cutest colors.

We hung bird cages from the top of the tent. They looked supper cute. It was funny, I had some people ask me if they were for sale.


Photos of the inside of the booth.





I felt like I was sitting in a boutique all day. It was so much fun to sit around in all the cuteness. All the cuteness that I created. If felt great. I had accomplished something that didn't just get messed up again or eaten or thrown on the floor. It was all there, waiting for someone to take it home and love it. I know that might sound silly, but at the end of each day I look around my house and wonder, "what did I accomplish today". Most the time even though I feel like I was working my tail of, I don't feel very accomplished. Creating these items for people to love, well it is an instant gratification.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad you posted your photos. I love the pictures and everything looked amazing. Your booth looks super cute. It's too bad the weather had to come in and do some damage. I can't wait to see what else you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whew, what an accomplishment! You worked so hard to get ready for that & it shows in every little detail-darling! I've always said you are one creative little bird :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are just amazing Nicole! What a cute booth you put together down to the very last detail! Would have been fun to see you in action!

    ReplyDelete