Thursday, August 26, 2010

First Day of School


Jane started the third grade this week!! Wowza. I totally remember the third grade. I can't believe I have a kid old enough for the third grade. She is so excited. The fist day was wonderful. We all got up on time, had happy, excited attitudes and even made the bus despite it coming 15min. early. It was a great start.


Jane is my little animal girl. We have had a summer full of frogs, salamanders, newts, baby birds, spiders and to top it all off, Jane caught a snake today. It was on our neighbors driveway. She was so quick. She just reached out and grabbed it. We spent some time tonight looking through a reptile book that she reads religiously. We didn't find one that looked quite the same.


Our neighbors think we have a zoo next door. One day I answer my door to a neighbor girl almost in tears. When I asked her what was wrong she said "can I keep my frogs at your house?" How could I say no?


I loved growing up catching frog, snakes and lizards. I hope that my kids will have the same fond memories that I have. Thanks Mom for fostering that love of critters!

2 comments:

  1. Love Jane & I'm so happy she is my girls buddy! So glad the ZOO is next door, I wish I could let these creatures hang out here but I just can't, you are a good Mom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember like it was yesterday your first day of 3rd grade! Yes it is unbelievable that you now have your own third grader! Jane is such an awesome girl! It is fun watching her grow. I love that she is a critter kid! Especially that she not only likes to catch them, but learn all about them. Jane rocks - I would say she is "livin the dream".

    ReplyDelete