Friday, March 26, 2010

Junky Bistro Gourmet club












I love being a part of Gourmet club. I have really learned a lot about cooking. This is my second year doing it. Last year when it was our turn, My partner Melissa Quigley and I did a fall harvest theme. This year we had the spring. Our spring fever combined with our love for old thing with chipping paint we came up with a junk market bistro. It was so much fun coming up with the recipes and decorating. Decorating was super fun and easy. We just used things we had, some news paper, and coffee filters made cute flowers and banners.
For the food, we did two choices of everything, then we took everyones orders like at a bistro. We had muffins, soups, salads, sandwiches, homemade(by Matt)potato chips, fruit sorbet and chocolate cake! Matt saved me and made potato chips for almost three hours!!! What a sweetie. Matt's an amazing cook. He always puts the science of it into his cooking, I think that is why it turns out so good.

2 comments:

  1. Holy Shamoly you look super duper pretty here! Course you always do but in this pic you just look very radiant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Thanks!!! It is always nice to hear a compliment :)

    ReplyDelete