Saturday, December 31, 2011

Time Flies When Your Having Fun


I think we must have a lot of fun in the month of December because it always go's by REALLY fast. I am posting this New years eve, it is 11:30 and the three oldest children are still playing hoping to stay up until midnight!  I can't believe how fast they are growing up.  I thought I would sum up our december with the few photos I have.  We did way more stuff I just didn't document it with photos.  


This year we had our biggest tree yet.  It was so much fun.  Matt of course did an over the job with the lights.  It looked amazing!


Lotty and Hyrum making gingerbread houses at Grandma and Grandpa Garners.


Decorating gram cracker gingerbread houses is one of my favorite holiday traditions.  I loved it when I was a kid and I still love it today.  I think all the kids had a good time.  Eli and Hyrum ate their houses the next day.



The kids do a Christmas program every year the last day of school.  I couldn't get any good photos of the kids on stage but Jane came and said hi to us after the program.  Eli looked so cut in his p.j's.  My favorite thing about Janes group was the musical instruments.  They did such a great job singing.


We went out to dinner at the kids favorite restaurant, Chuck-a-rama and then to temple square.  The kids were remarkably good at the restaurant.  and it always fun to see there sweet little faces in aw over all the beautiful lights.



My 10th ward friend had our annual lunch at Paradise bakery.  I always love getting together with the girls.  I hold a special place in my heart for each of them.  We missed Nikki this year.


Christmas Eve the kids always are so excited when they hear the knock at the door and find their p.js left there.


We always take a photo of the kids in front of the tree in their p.j's.  I love looking back on all the years and seeing how the kids grow.  I think this is the first year Walt has been happy in the photo. That smiling face makes me so happy.


All the kids were so sweet and grateful on Christmas day.  I think this was one of my favorite years.  Every one was patient, kind and sweet with each other.  I love watching my kids open gifts but What I love the most is seeing them excited for each other and so loving to the one they received the gift from.  Eli was so excited for this angry bird he got from Jane.  Hyrum got lots of star wars stuff.


Walt was in heaven with his big tractor.  He loaded all the paper in it and made a big pile.


Jane with her doll in their matching p.j's.  I have many more things I could list but I am a bit sleepy and it is almost mid night.  Hyrum is still going strong.  I need to go check on Jane and Eli and see if they have fallen asleep.  I am betting Eli is a goner. We really had a wonderful december, I think we are all sad to say good bye to 2011 it has been a great year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh man....those three little boy faces in the first photo! Priceless!
    How they make me happy!!

    ReplyDelete