Sunday, December 4, 2011

Thankful Hearts

We have a tradition to go to the zoo and see the elephants eat giant pumpkins on thanksgiving day. We also switch years with each of our families.  This year we were with the Garner crew. We started off the day with the zoo.  The weather was great, it was unusually crowded.  Maybe because the weather was nicer.  After the zoo we went to a lodge in Eden to have dinner with the big Baird family.  After dinner thoughts who wanted to shared a talent or a thankful thought.  I was so impressed with my Grandpa Baird.  He is in his seventies but that didn't stop him from making a violin.  That's right, he totally made his own violin.  And has been taking violin lessons.  He played some songs for us, my favorite was some of the music from the last of the mohicans.  I love that movie.  I felt so blessed to be a part of such a wonderful family with so many amazing examples. I happened to get really sick thursday night.  I was so crazy sick!!  I mean, I have not been this sick for well, I don't know.  I was super sad, we had planed a lot of fun things to do. Kali was in town and I had not seen her cute little family for two months.  Viv is gown up so much.  I cried a lot.  As I was laying in bed feeling like I was missing out on everything, I thought what a blessing it was that I got sick this weekend.  Matt was so incredible.  He missed the last Utah game of the season to be with me, he held my hand while they did a spinal tap, he brought me clean dry p.j's and sheets every few hours threw the night when I would soak them with sweat and he took care of the kids.  I didn't change any diapers, make any food, bath any kids.  He did EVERY thing!!   I had help from our AWSOME neighbor who is always there for us too. She watched the kids, made me a delicious cinnamon roll and did my dishes to name a few.  Then there was my Uncle Brad.  He gave me some moral support, tidied up my house, yah, he even made my bed, and watched the kids.  Well it turned out I had strep.  I felt like a bit of a baby, but man, I can't believe how hard this hit me.  At the end of this experience I was also very thankful for the power of the priesthood and that Matt could give me a blessing, and I am also very thankful for antibiotics.  By monday Hyrum and Eli tested positive for strep and Walt had it by Wednesday.  Needles to say, my life is filled with blessings even when I don't recognize them at first.

Here are a few photos from Thanksgiving day at the zoo.





Just a sweet, thoughtful side note.  I had a SuPer FanTastic time with Dallen when he was building the bunk beds.  I am so thankful for that small amount of time we had together.  Dallen is really observant to details, he always tells me I look nice.  He knows my love of old things, he had this old cooler that he decided to give to me.  While I love old things I love things that are given to me with thought even more.   I will cherish this token of thoughtfulness always.

2 comments:

  1. Dallen really is so sweet! He is so thoughtful and in tuned to people. He always tells me I look really nice or notices diff things and compliments me. I sure love that about him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto on Dallen's thoughtfullness....Love that kid!!
    OK, Walter's face makes me sooooo happy! Funny kid.

    ReplyDelete