Tuesday, December 20, 2011

7 years old today

  I finished decorating, making the cake, rainbow jello and wrapping Elis presents around 1:00 a.m.  and hit the hay around 1:30 but my mind could not turn off.  I think I fell asleep around 2:30.  4:30 a.m.  I hear Eli and Hyrum up and about. They turned on all the lights, started the fire.  Eli was ready to start his day!  Matt took them back to bed but they sat down there and played so Matt brought Eli up stairs to sleep around 5:00.  7:30 a.m. Eli is back up and at em.  He was so sweet opening gifts he let Walt and Hyrum open their gifts to him and he hugged everyone after opening their gift. This year for Eli's birthday Matt, Eli and Hyrum went to the flow ridder in Ogden with the Barber family.  After they were done everyone came to our house for pizza, rainbow jello and cake.  When Eli came home and saw Jane he gave her a big hug.  I think he missed her at the flow ridder.  Seriously, it is such a rewarding moment for me to see my kids love one another.  Eli has such a sweet sensitive spirit.  He is always thinking of others.  He is so hard working, inventive and creative.  He can do anything he WANTS to do.  Key word being wants.  For example he dose not want to do his reading homework, so he thinks he “can’t “ but ask him to put a pumpkin three times his weight in the big garbage can and by golly he will find a way.  I love to listen to Eli pray.  He shares his testimony every time.  We had a lesson in primary one time on the resurrection, now he always asks that we can die.  I know that sounds odd, but he just means that he knows we will live again and that we can live together.  Eli just makes me so happy I could burst. Man I LOVE this boy.



Eli work'n his piñata we strung it up in his room.  



Phineas and Ferb Birthday cake


Eli, Happy birthday!!!!  Thank you for making my life so wonderful and full of joy, I love watching you grow and follow the example of our brother Jesus Christ. I am excited to see what new things you learn this next year. XOXO, Momma

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday E!! We love having you around & next door- love the Quig's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Eli. Cried just a little with this post maybe. I love that I was able to spend so much time with him for a few years. Makes it that much harder not spending time with him or any of your other kids for that matter. Thank you for this post and for sharing your sweet kids with me so willingly all those years. Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete