Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Goodbye For Now


It was so nice to see my family.  I always enjoy getting to see them. This was at the viewing friday night.


My Aunt Leslie is so dear to me.  Grandma Garner pasted away when I was only eight years old.  Leslie    sort of took over that roll in my life. She has always been a source of comfort.  One of my favorite memories with her was in 2001.  My Dad was in his burn accident and she came down to help out.  She taught me how to can peaches.  That fall the peaches were so sweet.  I never cared for peaches much until that year.  Now when the peaches get ripe my heart is full of the loving memories she gave me.  It was a blessing for me to experience the love that she had for my Dad and the rest of our family.  When I got married she made me my temple apron. It is absolutely beautiful.  Every time I visit the temple I think of the love I have for her.


Me and my cousin Andrea


Doug, Blair, Leslie and Dad. All the living siblings of Val and Virginia. It makes me happy to think of My Grandpa getting to be with my Grandma and their daughter Kathy.


My little family on Saturday at the funeral.  The funeral service was beautiful, full of loving memories of  Grandpa.  My favorite talk was given by his brother Joe.  It was perfect.  I knew they were always close but it was lovely to he Joe speak of their times together. Everyone mentioned how in love my Grandparents were.  I don't know how I would survive without the gospel in my life and the knowledge I have that they are together again; that I will see them again.  This Easter was extra special. Thinking of the sacrifice our Savior made for us so that we can live again.


Grandpa always loved to drive.  This is his old truck, my Dad has had it.  They thought Grandpa would want to ride in it to the cemetery.




Dad gave the dedicatory prayer.


They folded the flag on his casket and gave it to Leslie. It was a beautiful sunny day with a bit of Idaho wind.


Leslie looked so grateful to the men for honoring her Dad for his sacrifice and service in World War II.  Sometime I will have to ask her what her thoughts were at that moment.



Dane after placing his flower on Grandpa's casket.



Walt at the cemetery.  Matt was so great the whole weekend to take care of the kids and let me visit with family and just take everything in.  He is such a good husband and father.


Jane and Eli were so good.  They sat through the entire funeral.  Eli was so sweet and tender to me when he notice the tears in my eyes.  He just hugged me and said" I love you mama."  I hope my kids always call me mama.  I love it!  I am always grateful for his love but especially at that moment.



Matt and Eli at the cemetery.


Hyrum and Walt, happy to be outside.


Dallen, Seth, Dad and Dane


Me and my cousin Michelle


Tay, Grandma Baird, Me and Grandpa Baird.  It was so comforting to have them there.  They have always been so supportive.


 Seth and I


Eli and I


Taylor, Me and Walter


I LOVE this photo of my Mom and I.  The lighting of the photo is really bad but I think it makes it look old.  My Mom is one of the strongest ladies I know.  She is such a rock for not just me but many others.


Dallen and I


Taylor and Zack


Tay, Dad and I. Again, I know the lighting is terrible but I love the way it makes the photo look. Grainy and faded like we took it sixty years ago.


Matt with Hyrum


Jane and Walter doing his silly face.


My cousin Ashlee and I


Lottie Mae and William Lawrence Garner are my Grandpa's parents.  It makes me so happy to think of the happy reunion he is having in the spirit world!


Goodbye for now, until we meet again.  I am looking forward to the day I can see my loved ones again.

2 comments:

  1. So sweet Nicole. I'm glad I got to see a picture of your Grandpa. My Grandpa was the same way about his truck he loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funerals mean the loss of someone but also mean a wonderful reunion on both sides of the veil. It was great seeing you, your darling family and our extended family. The Garners are kind, loving, sincere people. You are such an awesome mother, Nicole!

    ReplyDelete