Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Wasatch Back/Ragnar relay


I love, Love, Love this man. Matt is such a great support to me. He just gives me the boost I need every time I see him at a race. Not to mention the amazing food he had pre-peard for me when I got to stop in at home and being a single parent for two days. He totally rocked it!


This was after my second run. I got to run 3.9 miles through Mountain Green. It was a short run but hot. I loved knowing I would get to see my family about 2 miles into it.It was so much fun to see my family. My Grandparent have always been such great support throughout my life. I loved getting to see my kids. Matt and my mom worked so hard to keep the ship in shape while I was gone.


This is a photo taken just before the race at the starting line. Our team started at 6:50 a.m. on friday morning. We left Mountain Green at 4:30 a.m. THis is not a time I am used to. I was really nervous about how my body was going to respond to no sleep and lots of running.
Surprisingly I did okay. I actually felt really great. I think the adrenalin kicked in and I felt like I could have run even more that I was suppose to.


Our team was called The Damn Soles in Distress. I was in van one with my good friends Angie and Amber, Amber's dad, Roger, her collage roommate, Stacie and her friend Shawna. We had such a blast. I don't think any of us slept in the car. We were to busy cheering for our runner or laughing with each other. I think Angie gets the best cheerleader award. She is so much fun to be with.

This is a photo of our whole team. Van one and Van two, all twelve of us at the finish line.

My first run was through Nibbly. It was a beautiful 6.7 miles. I loved watching wall the van's pass. There were some funny teams. The van's, my team cheering me on and the awesome views keep me very entertained.


I just love Ang!!

The finish line was at the Canyons in Park City. This photo is on the gondola ride up to the finish line.

I got to see my cute cousin Ashlee at the finish line. She ran the race with my uncle Russ in a different team. It was fun to see her. It made me excited to do the Spud man with a lot of our Baird family.

I think the giant medals make us feel like winners. Even though this is not a race to see how can finish first, It felt awesome to finish. When we got to Park City, I thought, I have just spent 24 hours in the car with 5 other people, run 14 miles and driven 188 miles going 20miles per hour. WOW!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment