Monday, February 22, 2010

Jane

A few fun facts about Jane: When she was three months old we took her to Nauvoo to see Grandma and Grandpa Baird on their mission and to go to the temple open house.
The summer that Jane was 2 1/2 Kali and I drove to McCall Idaho with Jane to meet up with the Barlow and Garner clan. We had so much fun with Jane. This photo is of Jane sopping wet at the beach. We went for a bike ride in the rain and decided to stop and play on the beach for a while. She was catching rain drops on her tung. I have always loved this photo. Jane was also really good at holding a conversation when she was at this age. She has always been so smart.
We made these cookies for her to share with her school class tomorrow. Jane loves chocolate and the color purple.
Jane is very tender hearted. She is so caring and helpful. She is quiet and wants her brothers to be happy, She will help them when I can't and she always tells them stories at bed time. She loves to read the Magic Tree House book series, and one of her favorite books is Arnie the Doughnut. She loves to play with her friends, play chase with Matt and the boys, go swimming and watch T.V. When she grows up she wants to be a nurse. Her favorite food is rice.

It is Jane's Birthday tomorrow. I love when my kids have birthdays. I just love thinking of all the wonderful things about them and remembering the day they came into this world. My labor with Jane was very long and hard. When she finally was born, my doctor put her in my arms and she stared strait into my eyes. I was actually kind of intimidated. I think Jane has a very strong spirit, probably stronger than mine. I loved her so much and I just wanted to hold her and live in that moment forever. I have wanted to be the best I can be from that day on. Not that I didn't want to be my best before that, but the feeling I had when I first looked into her eyes and held her in my arms, I new she was amazing spirit that my Heavenly Father had in-trusted to me. Why I was given such a blessing I don't know, But I am so thankful for all Jane has taught me in the past eight wonderful years. I am of now to finish sewing Jane's gift, wrap presents, straighten up the house and hang the Birthday banner.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE this post! It is so fun to remember all the fun memories with you and me and little Jane. Thank you so much for letting me be such a big part of her life for a little while. it's too bad that it can't be that way forever.Thank you for letting me tend your little squirts so much! It was so much fun when I lived with you for a while and you let me have a little part of Jane and Eli. I needed that so much! That drive to McCall with you two was the best, remember how good Jane was? And we broke dads window in the camry??? Oh what sweet memories with you and your little ones. Sitting on your new back porch eating fresh raspberries out of a bowl and Jane with her cute little attitude "I was like, huh? I already ate my carrots". I love you, and I love you kids!!!

    ReplyDelete