Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Hive Boutique







Well I did my first boutique. At my good friend and neighbor, Melissa Quigly's house. She decided to do an extension of her business, Hollyhocks and Honeybees. She invited me and a few other vendors and the hive was born. It was a lot of fun. I was very nervous and did not know what to except. All the other vendors have actual businesses. I definitely was the rookie. Despite the nervous feelings and wondering if my stuff would sell, I had a great time finding fun old jewelry, buttons, fabrics and dishes to create things with. I decided to name my business Leila Bird, after my Great Grandma Baird. Because, my Mom told me how much fun it was to go to her house. She had loads of fabric and would just let her go to town creating. I also think little birds are so cute, how fitting her last name was Bird. My stuff sold really well. It was such awesome feeling to see people buying my things. Not so much for the money, that is nice too, but to know I did a good job. My Mom gave me a lot of help and support through it all. She has always been so wonderful at that. The support thing and letting me know that I can do anything I put my mind to. I had a good amount of family come to support me. I am truly blessed to have such supportive, loving family. I am grateful for the door that Melissa has opened for me. I am considering opining an etsy shop and I am planning on doing another Hive boutique in April. I am all ready getting spring fever.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my heck Nicole!! I knew that your stuff would be great but had no idea it would be SOOOO cute. Well that sounds bad, I knew it would be cute but everything looks so awesome! I wish I could have been there and seen it all and maybe even have helped you! I am so glad that it went well for you, how exciting. You are so talented and creative. You need to send some of those cute brooches my way. I love love that you called it all Leila Bird, it is so dang cute! Love you :)

    ReplyDelete