Sunday, September 27, 2009

Watching Talent Bloom


Matt is one of the best storie tellers I know. When Jane was Two years old we moved her out of her crib and into a bed. Matt started telling her stories when we would tuck her in. This became a bit of a tradition. It was so cute because she would remember the stories so well. Almost just how he told them to her. She would then tell us the stories whenever she felt like it. I think one of her favorite stories was Goldie Locks and the Three Bears. One of my favorite ones she would tell was the story of Shadrack, Meshack and Abednigo. Well, now that she is almost the whopping age of eight she has become quite good at telling stories. At bed time each night, we always have prayer in Eli and Hyrums room. After we have prayer, we all give good night hugs. This is one of my favorite things that happens each day. We all love each other so much. It doesn't seem to matter who was most recently fighting, it's like none of it ever happened. Each kid can't wait to give and receive hugs. After all that hugging, if Matt is not home, The boys ask if Jane can tell them a story. I turn out the light and leave the room. Some times I listen by the door. They usually have a request for a story she has made up just for them. She makes them up about things that they are interested in. Cars. dino's, frog hunts, etc... She is really talented. I am so happy that Matt's' talent for telling stories helped ignite Jane's. I wanted to put a picture of Jane and Matt togeter. I love this one. This was at a play she was in for the drama, up with kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment