Saturday, September 19, 2009

Dead Frog, Lost Frog

My kids seam to love any kind of bug, animal, amphibian the list go's on. They brought home frogs from the Morgan fair this year. They were African Dwarf Frogs. They need to live in the water all the time. No land. my kids were a little sad because this meant not holding them all of the time. It has been three months and the frogs have lived in a big fish bowl on the counter of our downstairs kitchen. Today the kids and I were cleaning up the basement for one of our Saturday jobs when Eli found this dried-out frog on the carpet! How Gross is that? So Jane runs to the frog bowl to see if it is one of our pet frogs. I think she was hoping it was just one we found outside this summer. She discovered they were both gone! So we disposed of the dead frog and now I have to worry about the other frog that we have not found yet. Oh gross. I can't believe we had frogs hopping around our house, a dead frog found in the carpet and probably another dead frog lost some where. Life is never dull! The kids are sad about the frogs. Good thing there is next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment