Thursday, September 17, 2009

Berry Picking with Hyrum






This year our strawberry and raspberry plants did great. We got a lot of berries from them all summer long. Hyrum loved them the most. He would get the stainer basket out from the cupboard and convince someone to pick berries for him. I loved to look out the window and see Jane or Eli helping Hyrum pick berries. They were always so sweet to him. He would stand there with his basket and wait for them to pick the berries. Occasionally he would point one out to them. After they found all the ripe berries Jane or Eli would so kindly put a hand on his shoulder and lead him inside to wash the berries. Then Hyrum would sit and eat all the berries by him self. Eli and Jane are not fond of eating berries. When he was done is mouth and hands were stained red. Not once was there an argument or wining about picking berries with Hyrum. It was so fun and heart warming to watch. Thous moments were very blissful. I felt like I must be doing something right or my kids are just really wonderful. I am not sure about my end but I do know my kids are really wonderful. I am so thankful for them. Each of them fill my life with so much joy in their own little way. I hope next summer, the plants do good. I think we all really enjoyed them this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment