Sunday, May 15, 2011

Little slice of heaven



I got to go see Kali, Payton and their new baby Vivienne this week.  I love spending time with Kali.  We could talk for ages or until one of us falls asleep. ;) Ha, Ha, we are both a bit sleep derived these days.  Vivienne is absolutely wonderful.  I was in heaven holding her.  I didn't ever want to put her down.  Kali let me sleep with her both nights I was there.  Seriously, I think I held my breath a few times, I was so caught up in the joy of her.  The last night I was there I got up and fed her a bottle.  I sat there in the silence of the night with her in my arms.  I couldn't help but think of our Father in Heavens plan for us, the things we committed to before we came to this earth and the things we commit to while we are here.  I just love that even though life doesn't ever go the way we expect it to, there is a plan for us.  I agreed to the plan.  That gives me peace when my heart aches. It lifts me up and helps me give life my all.   As if holding a sweet little baby all day wasn't enough to send me over the moon, Kali totally pampered me.  She colored my hair and painted my nails.  The two days were a little slice of heaven. I can't wait to see them again, it won't be soon enough!


2 comments:

  1. Nicole, You do a wonderful job expressing yourself; you have the Garner story-telling ability for sure. That's so great that you were able to travel to St. George to see Kali and her new baby. Sister friendships are lifelong and the greatest blessing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, she has changed so much already! I am so sad to live so far away! I am so glad you got to go visit. I love the love all you siblings have for each other. I am especially glad you went when it was Mom and Me day for Eli. What a treat for me. Eli melts my heart. He was so sweet with me painting my nails and fixing my hair, but the most touching was watching him and the love he has for you. He was so excited to give you the special card he had made for you. He excitedly picked the only red tipped, yellow rose especially for you and then.....he brought me my cookie and punch and in that cute voice with the face that only E can make, he asked, "Do you think I could take home a cookie for my Mom?" He is such an incredible kid!! So loving and thoughtful! Loved every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete