Wednesday, October 26, 2011

New School Year



Jane and Eli started school this year on Aug. 24th!  Wowza, the summer flew by.  To be honest I wasn't really ready for it to be over.  It is always nice to get into a consistent rutine but I was really loving our carefree days.  I am such a homework hatter!  

Jane is in the forth grade with Mrs. Jensen and Eli is in the first grade with Mrs. Smith.  I don't know why I have such a hard time when my kids go to first grade.  I think it is even harder than kindergarten.  They are gone all day and I think by the time they are five they are starting to grow up a lot, not throw so many tantrums, you know, I guess I could say easier. ( Not that ANY of my children have been hard, lol)



Eli and Harrison Farmer at the bus stop the first day of school.


Audrey and Emily Quigley with Jane at the bus stop.  What a cute bunch.


I am always so grateful for Matt and that he is a worthy priesthood holder.  It is such a special thing that first day of school.  Matt give's them a blessing and they walk to the bus together.  It makes me feel like everything is going to be alright.

My, my, my how this sweet child has grown. Hyrum's first day of school was Sep. 12th.  He is going to the Little Red School House.  I love that pre-school.  Jane and Eli both went there and I am convinced it is the best.  I really enjoyed having Hyrum home all day with me last year.  He went to part of the year of pre-school but then I just pulled him out and kept him home.  It was wonderful.  I will always cherish that time we had together.  AS for now he has mad a new best friend, Krew Love.  They are inseparable. He love's going to school and playing with his new friends.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I wish there was such a thing as blogging when you were growing up!! This brings back so many memories! The first day of School is always a twisted up curl of emotions, both for you and them. Anticipation (only rivals Christmas Eve for trouble sleeping), excitement, joy (nothing better than putting on your new school outfit), fun, disappointment (no friends in their class), ecstatic (got the best teacher ever), relief (back to a schedule), sadness (you'll miss those cute faces), dread (yuck homework), bursting happiness (how incredibly grown up and wonderful they look in their first day of School pictures)!!!!
    FUN!! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete