Sunday, December 26, 2010

Dear Santa

Jane wrote a letter to Santa this year that I felt needed documenting. It has made me not just giggle a little but full on belly laugh. I love everything about this letter, the way Jane expresses her self, it's wonderful. I am going type the letter how she wrote it. I found it interesting that she used punctuation to give feeling to her words.


Dear Santa,

I want a guinea pig for Christmas. I want a dog more than a guinea pig. But my Mom and Dad won't let me get one. Well I do have a dog but he is a hound. A hound is a hunting dog.

He is crazy! (and smelly)

but I don't really care if it's a dog. Just a pet! All I have other than Maverick (my dog) is a fish. And guess what. I took my dog for a walk a few days ago. And he got to strong and pulled me over on the road. I let go of his leash and he ran away!

I am Never walking him again! And once I came home from school crying. I wouldn't tell why but..... on the way home from school me and my friends saw the cutest little puppy ever! It was furry, it had floppy ears and a fluffy tail. My friend said I wish I had a dog. I'm the only one who doesn't have a dog. She said some other stuff but I'm not going to write them down. After begging and begging. They said I might get a small pet. Like a hamster or fairet. I like hamsters but my favorite is a guinea pig. I mean think of me. All alone all day with tree wild boys! I at least want one friend!! (other than my parents)

I get board when my friends aren't home! Oh, yes here are some things you need to know about them.

#1 Guinea pigs will be unhappy living alone so if you get me a guinea pig ( which you should!) make sure you get me more than one.
#2 A boy guinea pig and a girl will get along much better than a boy and a boy or a girl and a girl.
#3 Young guinea pigs fit in better than older guinea pigs do. But if they are well cared for they won't be so shy.
#4 Over time you can build a friendship with them.

Please get me one!

801-876-3946


Well, Santa got the letter and decided a snake would be better. We woke up Christmas morning to find the snake had escaped from its pet store box. We moved all the presents from under the tree and found the snake snug as can be under the tree skirt. Jane is absolutely thrilled. I just hope we don't loose it again.

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhahahaha I LOVE this!!!!! Could not be cuter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So so sweet! That is quite the letter, her little fingers must have been sore from all the writing. I wonder if the guinea pig would have broke loose from it's cage on Christmas morning too? ;) What a fun Christmas this has been for Jane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, & I LOVE the part about the 3 wild boys! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha ha ha ha! "I mean think of me, all alone all day with three wild boys!!" ha ha ha! OK this was definitely a good belly laugh for my day! We had Matt and Brooke over for New Years Eve and I just had to read it to them. We all laughed and laughed. Not only is it so cute and funny, but at age eight, Jane is quite a good little writer! Love how she has done her research on Guinea Pigs. Luuuuuuved it!!! Man your kids make me happy!

    ReplyDelete