Friday, January 15, 2010

Walter is 1






Walt is now a one year old; one of my favorite ages. Walt has been such a joy and a blessing in our life.
Way cute
Always happy to see anyone in our family
Little snuggle bug
Tender hearted
Ear piercing shriek, that he thinks is so funny
Really one of the most sweet, smart, cuddly,cute kids around
Walt had a very happy Birthday. We had a his grandpa and grandma McConkie and his grandpa and grandma Garner up for dinner and cake and ice cream. Eli and Hyrum were very good at helping Walt open his presents. He is always very happy to see Jane when she gets home from school. Walt now has four teeth on top and three almost four teeth on the bottom, they peek out when he smiles, I love it. He says Dada and finally this last week Momma. He loves to play this game with the kids where he shrieks at the top of his lungs, it is a short high shriek, like a firework, then the kids mimic him and he gives them the biggest smile and shrieks again. With the help of Jane and I, Walt now go's down the stairs. He is very proud of himself. He loves to put things in and take things out. His favorite thing to do lately is throw things down the stairs and play ball. He has quite an arm for a one year old. I love watching Walt learn and grow I don't think I am being bias when I say, Walt is a very smart boy. He is also a mommas boy, which I love. I am soaking it in every day. I know soon he will be running of to the bus stop with his friends. I love when I am holding him and someone talks to him; he snuggles his little head into my shoulder. Oh be still my heart, I love this child. Happy birthday my little sweet little firework. I love you.

3 comments:

  1. Very Very Cute. I think the cake turned out great! Walt is so stinkin cute covered in cake, I couldn't help but laugh out loud. Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nicole, reading your blog is so fun! It is a to me now, what the sun was like to me when I was little. The sun has always made me happy! When Aunt Lona and I were young, we would swim and swim in the snake river until we had just about lost all our body heat. We would climb out shaking all over. We were sure we would never stop shivering. Then we would lay on the sun warmed dock. That warmth was so comforting. Then the sun would slowly start to penatrate until we were just so happy and comfortable, we thought we would burst with joy for such a wonderful thing. Watching you grow and raise your own kids with such love, feels like that glorious warming sun. I feel I could burst with joy for such a wonderful blessing. I love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness walter looks so cute and happy to be such a mess! you ahve some dang cute kidds. you are such an amazing wife and mother thank you for the example i am so exited for this baby! and it makes me that much more exited when i see you with your kidds and i know that i can do it as scared as i am. i love you so much!

    ReplyDelete