Monday, January 11, 2010

It's A New Year

I have been thinking of the talk that Preident Uchtdorf gave, He said "our birthright-and the purpose of our great voyage on this earth-is to seek and experience eternal happiness." I love that a new year seems to bring a new start with it. I didn't want to set any defined resalutions this year, I seem to forget about them. This year I am being inspierd by this talk and a few friend of mine to come up with some words to keep in mind. These words are words I have given a lot of thought to. I have writen them down and I plane to foccuse on them all year and by the end of the year we will see how it worked out for me.
So here is the list:
Push
Develop
Extend
Create
Flourish
Learn
Discover
Content
This list may sound a little odd, I don't know that I well expound on each one today but for the most part, I am going to push myself out of my comfort zone, develop my talents and be content with what ever the outcome knowing that I am giving it my best shot. President Uchtdorf also said in his talk,"You may think you don't have talents, but that is a false assumption, for we all have talents and gifts, every one of us. The bounds of creativity exxtend far beyond the limits of a canvas or a sheet of paper and do not reqire a brush, apen, or the keys of a piano. Creation means bringing into existence something that did not exist befor-colorful gardens, harmonious homes, family memories, flowing laughter.
What you create dosen't have to be perfect. Don't let fear of failure discourage you. Don't let the voice of critics paralyze you-whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside.
As you take the nomal opportunities of your daily life and create something of beaty and helpfulness, you improve not only the world around you but also the world within you.
I believe that as you create beauty and as you are compassionate to others-God will encircle you in the arms of his love. Discouragement, inadequacy, and weariness will give way to a life of meaning, grace and fulfillment."
As you take

No comments:

Post a Comment