Friday, July 31, 2009

Feeling Good Through Service

When I say my prayers, my mind is overwhelmed with the struggles of my family and friends. All different, health problems, loss of jobs, fertility issues, addictions, depression. The list seems to go on and on. My heart feels so heavy. I feel like my prayers alone are not enough. Today I visited a friend and brought her a little something to let her know she is loved. I don't know how much it helped her, but it filled my heart with joy. I am so grateful to my mother and other wonderful examples I have had of serving others. Now that I am a mother myself I realize how busy my own mother was. Somehow she would find the time to serve others, and she always had a smile on her face. I am so grateful for all my family and friends. My testimony of the gospel has been strengthened through them. I know that God lives and that he loves us. I think we don't always realize that our trials can strengthen us, as well as others.

No comments:

Post a Comment